Frequently Asked Questions
CHOOSE A TOPIC
+THE CO. / MARIN LATIN FOODS
- + What does "THE CO." mean?
- "The Co." is an abbreviation for "The Company." The company is Marín de La Isla Verde™, LLC. They are a Wyoming and New York State registered company.
- + Who is "The Company?"
- The company is Marín de La Isla Verde™, LLC. Owned by Bernard Sawyer and Paul G. Marin Sr. The company is registered in both Wyoming and New York State.
- + Who is Marin Latin Foods?
- Marin Latin Foods is the on-line store front for and a division of Marín de La Isla Verde™, LLC.
- + Must I register to view your products?
- No, you can view any of our products and even place them in the shopping cart until you are ready to purchase.
- + Must I have an account in order to purchase?
- Yes, you must "SIGN UP" for an account in order to purchase and having an account gives you special benefits.
- + How do I sign-in if I can’t remember my Password?
- You can always change your password, by clicking on "LOG IN" which is located on the top right side of any page, on the black bar, click "LOG IN" again in the white area below the black bar, then "SIGN IN."
On the next page, under “RETURNING CUSTOMERS” click “FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD?” A new window will open where you need to type the email address you used when creating your account. An email will be sent to that address to reset your password.
- + Why didn’t I receive an email to reset my password?
- Make sure that you are using the correct email address. If you are still having trouble please contact us and we will respond as soon as possible.
- + How do I edit my account information?
- You can edit any of your account information, including your password, by clicking on "LOG IN" which is located on the top right side of any page, on the black bar, click "LOG IN" again in the white area below the black bar, then "SIGN IN."
Under "MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION" You can:
• View or change your account information.
• View or change entries in your address book.
• Change your account password.
• View or change your product notification list.
- + What are the benefits of having an account?
- Once becoming an eStore member you are eligible to receive discount coupons and free products based on your quarterly purchase amount. All your information is kept securely in your private account for you to view and/or update at any time, and speeds you through the checkout process.
- + When can I become an eStore Member?
- The moment you create an online account with us you will be an “eStore Member”.
- + How do I become an “eStore Gold Member”?
- You become an “eStore Gold Member” when your purchases have reached $100 per month at which time you will receive larger coupon savings.
- + How can I print your recipes?
- To print our recipes you must first click "RECIPES" on the menu bar. You then click on a small icon that looks like a tiny recipe card. A new window will open showing the recipe you selected. You can either save this file to your device by clicking the down arrow in the upper right corner, and/or print the recipe on a 8.5" x 11" paper (preferably card stock or photo paper) by clicking the printer icon. After printing, follow the directions on the page.
- + Are these recipe cards available on plastic?
- They are not avaiable as of right now, however, they will be in the future. If you have signed-up for our eStore Newsletter you will know when the recipe cards are going to be released before the general public does, so don’t forget to sign-up.
- + Will you be posting new recipes in the future?
- Yes. We are planning to post many more recipes as the months go by.
- + Can I submit a recipe for you to showcase on your website?
- Yes, if you are a member and have an Authentic Latino recipe that is original you may submit it. If accepted, your recipe may be highlighted in an upcoming eNewsletter. It will also be displayed on our "Recipes" page on our eStore, so you can show your friends. Use the email address you used to become a member to send us an email to email@example.com with your recipe.
- + Can I place items in the shopping cart if I don’t have an account?
- Yes, however when you "PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” you will need to setup an account for yourself prior to purchasing.
- + Will the items stay in the shopping cart if I don’t purchase today?
- Yes, just as long you do not clear your browsing data (download history, cached images and files, cookies and other site data). If, for whatever reason, your items are not in the shpping cart when you return you will need to add them to your cart once again.
- + What if I have an account, will the items stay in the shopping cart even if I clear my browing data?
- Yes, your item(s) will remain in your shopping cart indefinitely. This is one of the advantages you have as an eStore Member or Gold Member.
- + Why am I signed out so soon from my shopping cart account?
- This is a security feature. You are signed out because of inactivity. If there is no activity for approximately 15 – 24 minutes the system will automatically sign you out, to keep others from using your account. However, if you are actively navigating throughout our store, you will NOT be signed out.
Providing you are signed out, don’t worry. The moment you sign back in it will bring you back to the page you were previously on and if you have placed any items in the shopping cart they will still be there.
- + What payment options are available?
- We accept most major credit cards: MasterCard™, Visa™, Discover™, American Express™ and PayPal™. If you are issuing a Purchase order and need billing terms, please contact us toll free at: (800) 285-1237.
- + When will my credit card be charged?
- If your credit card is authorized, the payment will be processed immediately. You will receive an e-mail with the order number confirming it has been successful. Please note that once your payment has been processed, depending on the bank, the transaction may show on your statement within 2~3 business days.
- + Why am I receiving the following error message: (SQ-ERR) Your transaction could not be completed because of an error: [GENERIC_DECLINE: Authorization error: 'GENERIC_DECLINE'] when trying to process my credit card?:
- 1 - Make sure you are inputting the correct credit/debit card numbers only.
2 – Make sure your “Billing Address” is the same address for your credit/debt card statements.
3 – Make sure to have sufficient funds “available” in your credit/debit card account.
If you are still experiencing difficulties, please contact your credit card company or banking institution.
- + How can I get a copy of my receipt/invoice?
- Once you check out your order from our website, our system will automatically send you an email confirmation with your invoice and order status. If you did not receive this email, please contact us and we will e-mail you a new invoice. You can also find your "PREVIOUS ORDERS" under "MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION." If you already signed out just click on "LOG IN" which is located on the top right side of any page, on the black bar. Now click "LOG IN" again in the white area below the black bar, then "SIGN IN."
- + How & when do you ship your frozen products?
- To ensure freshness, our frozen products are shipped in corrugated boxes with insulated liners, however, please note: There will be NO shipping of perishable products on Thursdays, unless customer has placed their order before 11AM (eastern standard time) and chosen Next Day Delivery. Shipping is NOT available for perishable products at all on Fridays.
- + Are there any other products that you are presently selling?
- No. At this time we decided to start with our flagship product, Misofrito Puro™. This is very popular amongst our dedicated customers who have been waiting patiently for it to be released commercially. We have also decided to release three (3) of our Dry Spice Blends (Puerto Rican Style Pork Roast Rub, Bell Peppers & Onions and American Style Pork Roast Rub.)
- + When will you be releasing new products?
- We are looking forward to and are very excited about releasing our numerous products. However, our priority is to release and distribute our first four (4) items (Mi Sofrito Puro™, Puerto Rican Style Pork Roast Rub, Bell Peppers & Onions and American Style Pork Roast Rub.) We don’t want to flood the markets with so many products at the beginning. We will keep track of how these first four products are doing, which will provide us with enough information as to whether or not additional sizes are warranted. With this information we will can determine if we should release our new additional products.
If you have signed-up for our eStore Newsletter you will know when new products are going to be released before the general public does, so don’t forget to sign-up.
- + How can I find a specific product that I'm looking for?
- Presently you can find any of our first 4 product releases on our Home page where you will see them showcased below the slideshow. However, you can always select "SHOP" on the top green menu bar, to view all our products.
- + Will you be selling any commercial cooking utensils, pot & pans, kitchen aprons, etc. at a later date?
- Yes. We will offer many additional items which will be listed under a "MERCHANDISING" heading sometime in the future.
- + How can I view my pending or paid order(s)?
- You can always view your pending or paid order(s) by clicking on "LOG IN" which is located on the top right side of any page, on the black bar. Now click "LOG IN" again in the white area below the black bar, then "SIGN IN." On the next page, below “MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION,” you will see your “PREVIOUS ORDERS.” If you think there is an order missing or you can't find the one that you're looking for, please contact us and let us know as soon as possible.
- + Can I modify or cancel my order?
- You can always call our customer service center at: (800) 285-1237 as soon as possible to check if you could modify your order. However, if your order has already been shipped, then we can not cancel, neither add additional items to that order.
PLEASE NOTE: Since the items you are purchasing are for human consumption (Food), the FDA (Food & Drug Administration) will not allows us to accept any product returns.
- + When are perishable and non-perishable products shipped?
- We ship non-perishable product orders Monday through Friday. Perishable product orders are shipped Monday through Thursday. Orders received before 11AM eastern time are typically shipped that day. When choosing your shipping option, pay close attention to the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) dates. Happy Shopping!
- + What are your Shipping Rates, Return Policy, Cancellations, etc.?
- For information concerning Shipping Rates, Return Policy, Cancellations, etc. please visit our SHIPPING & RETURNS page.
- + If I don't live in the United States and I would like to purchase some of your products can you ship to me?
- At this time we are not shipping Internationally, however, if you have a friend or family member who lives in the United States have them purchase the products you want and they can ship it to you. Please keep in mind that if you purchase any of our frozen items they must be delivered within 1 to 2 days in order to stay fresh and not spoil.
- + I am a wholesale/retail distributor. How do I create an account?
- It’s very simple.
1 – On any of our store pages, on the upper right hand corner of the black bar, click on “SIGN UP” then click “SIGN UP” once again below the black bar.
2 - On the next page, under “NEW CUSTOMERS” select “WHOLESALE ACCOUNT” by making sure there is a black dot in the circle to the left. Now click “REGISTER.” This will take you to “MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION” / “WHOLESALE ACCOUNT DETAILS.”
3 - Once you are on the “WHOLESALE ACCOUNT DETAILS” page fill out all required input fields then press SUBMIT.
PLEASE NOTE: Proper credentials and minimum quantities are required for Wholesale Purchasing.
The moment you submitted your Account Information a Welcome Email will be sent to you. Please reply to that email and attach your completed signed Resale Certificate form. Your account status will be pending until we vet your documents.
- + How long will it take for my account to be approved?
- Once all your documents have been submitted we will notify you of our decision within 2 weeks (10 working days).
- + Are you hiring?
- We are accepting résumés. If you would like for us to consider you for employment please click HERE and submit your information along with your Cover Letter and Résumé. All your submitted information will be reviewed and we will contact you with an answer within 2 weeks (10 working days).
- + Do you have a list of career oportunities available?
- Yes, however, we are presently preparing those positions and that list will appear here, so please continue visiting this question every so often until they do. Thank you!
+ADD TO COMPARE & ADD TO WISH LIST
- + What are the “Add to Compare” and “Add to Wish list” for?
- "Add to Compare” is a feature we offer to anyone who visits our Marin Latin Foods eStore. This allows you to compare the Product Image, Name, Price, Quantity (how many are available for sale), Weight, and Description of products side by side. A maximum of 4 products can be compared at one time.
As you view items, click the scale symbol to the right of the product to add it to your list of items to be compared. After adding all the items to be compared, click, My Account, then click Compare.
You don’t have to have an account to add an item from our eStore to the “PRODUCT COMPARISON” page, however, if you decide to purchase any of those items you will need to create an account.
"Add to Wish List” is another one of our features where you can add our items to a personal list, and create different type of wish lists such as: “Wish List: Send to Grandma,” “Wish List: Send to daughter Nicole,” etc. From the wish list you can: Tell a Friend, Find a Friend's Wish List (if they have an account with us), Manage your Wish List, and Move items between wish lists. However, you will need to have an account in order to create a wish list.
- + If I don’t have an account can I still use the features “Add to Compare” and “Add to Wish list”?
- Yes & No.
Yes, anyone (members & none members) can use the “Add to Compare” feature, as well as, add them to the shopping cart. Once they are added the shoppercan either “Continue Shopping” or “Proceed to Shopping Cart.” If they decide to proceed to checkout they will need to create an account in order to purchase.
No. The “Add to Wish List” feature can only be used if you have an account with us. Once you have signed in to your account you can add any of our products to your wish list and they will stay there indefinitely.
- + How many products can I add to the “Add to Compare” page, and the “Add to Wish List” page?
- On the “Add to Compare” page only 4 items can be added at one time. If you want to compare more product you must “Remove” the product(s) then add the new product(s).
On the “Add to Wish List” page you can add as many wish lists and as many items as you would like to your wish list(s). If you want multiple items of the same product just change the “QUANTITY:” on the item in your wish list. Once you have added them to your wish list they will stay there indefinitely or until you place them in your shopping cart.
- + Why did the products I selected to compare disappear from the compare page after I signed out?
- If you have logged in to your account and added items to the Compare List, the moment you log out, the list will be cleared. However, if you’re not logged in, the items you placed to the Compare List will stay there just as long you do not clear your browsing data (download history, cached images and files, cookies and other site data). The compare page is designed to reset if you log out or if you clear your browsing data. It is not made to store items for future use. This is what the “Wish List” is for.
+ENGLISH & SPANISH TESTIMONIALS
- + Where can I find the English or Spanish testimonials?
- On the top left side of any page, on the black bar, there is an American Flag and a Puerto Rican Flag. Clicking on either flag it will launch that particular language site.
Once you have chosen the language you want, click on “SHOP” on the top Green navigation bar. On the next page that opens, scroll midway down and on the left hand side you will see artwork that states: “eStore Member’s Testimonial.” By clicking on the art, you'll be taken to the Testimonial page. We encourage you to add your own testimonial about our company. Just be sure to write in the language you chose to display the site in! We do not want to mix the Spanish reviews with the English reviews. Thanks!!!